*This role is partly remote and partly working from our NYC based office*
If you join us, what will you do?
Lead our data team under the product department, helping us solve quantitative business challenges for our clients. This role offers opportunities to work with big data, data science, cloud computing, and the latest software technology.
- Apply expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and business acumen to develop actionable insights and convert data to strategic business opportunities and insightful business decisions
- Provide intelligence and a deeper understanding of our platform to stakeholders
- Lead the data science and analytics team in their day-to-day work to achieve their individual goals
- Define appropriate metrics to measure progress on increasing revenue
- Design key viewership metrics and develop reporting processes
- Lead the ideation and execution of new data streams and intelligence tools
- Ensure that all departments are using data and insights to inform their strategy
- Work with our data engineering team to assist with algorithm development
- Work with the product department to prioritize features needed for data science and analytics
In order to be great at your job,
you are: a fast learner; relentless and persistence in accomplishing goals; enthusiastic with an infectious personality and great communication skills.
you work: efficiently; with flexibility; proactively; with attention to detail; to high standards.
together we: emphasize honesty and integrity; require teamwork; have open communication; follow-through on commitments; stay calm under pressure.
- The ability to impact operations and effect change by providing meaningful insights and analysis
- At least 3 years of experience leading a data science and/or analytics team along with increasing responsibilities
- Experience in using Machine Learning & Computational Statistics to develop algorithms to optimize business outcomes (e.g., revenue or other similar metric)
- Statistical reasoning skills (e.g., mean, median, mode, weighted summary statistics, standard deviation, t-tests, ANOVA, PCA, Bayesian and Frequent Statistics and regression) and good data visualization experience
- Experience with logistic regression, gradient boosting, random forest, and decision trees
- Knowledge of deep learning, artificial intelligence, and machine learning
- Experience in analyzing large volume of advertising data to create new algorithms and deliver business insights
- SQL, Redshift, Postgres, HiveQL, R/Python
- Nice to have: Experience in working remotely and manage remote teams