Every day your customers are bombarded with information. Traditional advertising on TV and radio. Hundreds or even thousands of social media posts. Online advertising. Breaking news. Text messages. And, of course, email—both work-related and personal.
With so much inundation, it’s getting harder and harder for marketers to cut through the clutter, to capture and keep subscribers’ attention. And, consumers are getting savvier at “seeing through” or dodging marketing messages. Boring emails get lost in the shuffle, quickly jettisoned to the Trash folder or simply ignored altogether. How many of us know someone with thousands of unread emails accumulating in their inbox? Is it you?
Snagging attention amid so much competition takes pizazz. It takes panache. And, it takes giving customers something they’ve either never seen before, or that they can’t get anywhere else. With the demand for “what’s in it for me?” so high, marketers have to get creative—especially email marketers who must continuously prove the value of the medium against the misguided cacophony of “email is dead.”
As we all know, email is still very much alive and well, but it could be time for a fresh, new, dynamic approach. Looking to give your email ROI a boost? Here are 5 pieces of email magic guaranteed to wow your customers, make a lasting impression and drive results.
- Video. The king of all wizardry. With live broadcasting sites like Periscope and Facebook’s Live feature, video has become the hottest engagement medium since the banner ad. Embedding play-on-the-open video clips into your emails can not only deliver instant wow-factor, but also grab attention quickly. The latest data from HubSpot/HighQ shows that even simply using the word “video” in an email subject line boosts open rates by nearly 20% and click-through rates by 65%. That’s a pretty compelling up-tick, and the fact that video is so much easier and more economical to produce, there’s no reason not to add video to your emails.
- Personalized images. Personalization and one-to-one marketing is huge. With email, customers can quickly see through your canned, autofill-the-first-name mass distributions. That’s why mastering personalization is oh so important. For retailers alone, personalized emails can boost transaction rates by 6X. Imagine what you could achieve if you could deliver a personalized image of the exact product you know your customer would want? Queue up a selection of images and automatically populate each email with the correct one for each recipient based on behavioral and other intelligence. Compelling for your customer. Effortless for you!
- Social feeds. The best of both worlds! Social marketing is not only gaining a bigger share of budget, but also a larger audience share. Embedding your Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest or Facebook feeds into emails not only gives you the best of both worlds, but also multiplies your investment in social and drives more ROI from both media. Embedded social feeds are always refreshed instantly every time recipients open the mail, so the content never gets stale, and each email now carries multiple engagement opportunities. All it takes is a quick copy/paste of HTML code into your template, and you’re off and running.
- Device targeting. More than half of all emails are opened on a mobile device, and mobile is the most popular platform for a recipient’s first impression with any email. Taking advantage of that opportunity is critical, but can also be difficult. With at least 3 different major platforms, and corresponding device specs and requirements, there’s plenty of room for error—email elements that work on iOS may throw an error on Android or vice versa, for example. And, if you want to link content to an app store, you’ll need to know which one to use, right? Today fFor every email you send, your emails can instantly recognize the recipient’s device, deliver the correct format, correct links and ensure everything displays properly—exactly as you intended it. You look like a pro, and your customers enjoy a seamless experience. Everybody wins.
- Location-based elements. Remember when checking-in on FourSquare was all the rage? Are you still the mayor of your favorite coffee shop? If so, congratulations! But, maybe it’s because the days of “active” check-in—requiring the user to drive the interaction—are over. Now, users expect “passive” location awareness; in other words, you tell them when they’re nearby and you’d better make it worth their while. There’s even a grocery list app—with no skin in the game—that alerts users when they’re near the supermarket, so they don’t forget to pick up dinner ingredients. Dynamic location-based elements are also making their way into email, adding an entirely new level of real-time personalization to email marketing. For example, retailers can show recipients deals for a local store, a map to the nearest location, or even suggest weather-specific products. As a marketer, this is a no brainer! Automatically offer deals to customers, giving them exactly what they need, when and where they need it.
Of course, done manually, personalized or one-to-one email marketing would be absolutely impossible in today’s high-paced, high-scale environment. And, that’s why PowerInbox’s DynamicMail is here to help. Using simple HTML snippets that you can embed yourself with absolutely no coding knowledge or IT involvement required, DynamicMail allows email marketers to wow recipients with magical elements that make every email feel like it was written, designed and delivered exclusively for them, individually.